- This event has passed.
Tech Talk: Race Car Building
April 3 @ 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
This is the first in a series of “tech talk” events. Tech Talk events was one of the events that the Member Survey indicated folks would like to see Yosemite Region put on.
Topic / Restoration of a vintage SCCA – EP Production Porsche 914. By Dave Boyd, (VP Yosemite Region)
Location / Dave Boyd’s Shop / 10621 Gibbs Drive Oakdale, Ca 95361 / Coffee and donuts will be onsite ☺
- The story of the lost race car.
- Race history of the IO Port sponsored EP Production Porsche 914.
- Unibody construction and how they are built.
- Streetcar to race car. What’s involved?
- Repairing a damaged unibody. How much time is involved to do it correctly?
- Roll cage design and how the engineering is important to handling.
- Types of steel tubing, bending, fish mouthing and fitting.
- Different types of welding and demo of MIG and TIG methods.
- Fitting of a fabricated tube into the roll cage structure.
- Seat and fire safety systems.
- Patrick Motorsport rear control arm and mount stiffening kit installation.
- Tarett Engineering front and rear control arm bushing technology. The old and the 2021 design and how this can improve the handling of the modern P-Car.
- Engine, transmission, brakes and fuel system overview.
- What’s next and the estimated first track session?
- Other question and answer session, plus more bench racing!!