Now that the “Food Drive” is in the books (check out the report on Past Events), the YOS board is looking forward for what to do, after the curve of “Social Distancing”.
For sure, with all the cancellations of events in the spring and summer: our Yosemite Trip, Porsche Parade, the Pebble Beach Concours and WERKS, and even the most recent “Drive” to Prospect 772 winery, the October Santa Cruz/Canepa Tour is now becoming the BIG event of the YOS calendar for 2020. Details on costs and how to sign up will come out in a couple months, although the current the board continues to monitor viability given the level of COVID restrictions in the state and the appetite for such events by PCA Headquarters.
But, what to do in the mean time?
AUTOCROSS season is being revised. There are four SVR autocross events that are “alive”, each to be held at Thunderhill. Dates are: June 27, Aug 8, Oct 10 and 11. These are shown in the Zone 7 button of “Events” menu button.
CONCOURS season has 6 events across Zone 7 that are “alive”. Go to the Zone 7 button of our “Events” menu button.
Another idea was for interested members “showing” their cars at local car shows, e.g. Oakdale Country Club Car Show, Or the Del Rio Concours, both are planned for August time frame — so far. Of course, these are not only for Porsche cars, but it might be fun to mingle with fellow “auto” enthusiasts.
Large gatherings between now and October may not be green-lighted by the health agencies. So if anyone has any ideas of fun things that might be “allowed”, please shoot the board a note: Use the Contact Us page of the website.
Regardless of what event we have or you attend, there is a NEW requirement: Each participant must sign a new “wavier” form: Communicable Disease Spectator and Participant Release. This is in addition to the standard PCA “liability release” form that we sign for all drives, etc — any “moving car” event. But this new liability protection form is to be signed for “ANY” event. A summary of key elements follows. Stay tuned for just how Yosemite Region will handle the administrative aspects of this new requirement.
- The release is required for ALL events, meetings, etc.
- ALL attendees (members, guests, sponsors, etc.) must sign the Release to enter the facility/event or participate in the activity.
- You may complete “Fill in Track/Facility Name Above” as “All PCA events” for a one-time signature for events held May 15, 2020 through May 15, 2021.
- Attendees may print and sign the Release at home and give it to the Chair/Registrar on-site.
- MotorsportReg.com is working on a SpeedWaiver module where the region can load both the PCA waiver and the Communicable Disease Release, allowing a PCA-acceptable electronic signature (available around June 1).
- NO OTHER TYPE OF DIGITAL WAIVER is acceptable.
- Regions are to develop their own tracking system to ensure compliance.
- Preserve the Release for 95 months from the date of expiration.